Thursday, September 02, 2004

September. 4, 2004

WOW-

I can't believe how time flys. I am off to Cleveland, to compete in the North American. Man, I was so motivated right after the TEAM U to redeem myself, but the last two weeks has been a struggle. Dieting really starts to get to you after a while. But- I managed to pull it off- I am 145# about 5 # tighter and leaner than the Team U. Not freaky--but, a good package. You never know what they are looking for- the standards for female bodybuilding are ever changing. You really have to just strive for you personal best. I am getting there- I feel that by the WORLDs in SPAIN-- I am going to be at my best. I am very excited. I have to keep that momentum because when I get back, I have to fire it up for another 2 weeks. Then- off to compete in EUROPE.

I am close to a lightheavyweight. I am not sure what I am going to weigh in----- but, I still might be a heavyweight. I really wasn't concerned-- I was just going to go in at whatever weight I come in at. It is a show for the OVERALL- you have to be the best bodybuilder in the show to win a pro-card. So - you are basically competing with everyone.

I choreographed a cute routine- I actually had the music mixed a year or two ago, just never performed this routine for an audience. So- let's hope I make top 5. My parents are driving in from Waterford, MI and I can't wait to see them. I am having my mom help me with my hair and make-up-- just like she did for the North American in Toronto, 2001. It is going to be great. I love having them there to support me.

I am off. It is 6 a.m and my flight leaves at 8:30 a.m. It is about 1 hour to the airport- and you never know about NY traffic, plus the Republican Convention is in NYC this week. Which-- I don't want to get on my POLITICAL soapbox-- is ridiculous in a nearly 80% Democratic State. I encourage everyone to vote---- "DEMOCRATIC" if I can sway any of you Replublicans. Stem Cell research alone should be a deciding factor and help you make the right decision at the Poll booth.

Okay- enough. I better get my head back on the COMPETITION. Have a great Labor Day. Let's hope for a good competition for ME.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home