Friday, August 06, 2004

Aug. 6- 2004

Hello everyone!
I am getting ready to dash to New York City---- to think, just last year that was my HOME. Now that I am in Long Island--- going to the city is a big adventure. We are leaving around Noon, checking into the Marriot (Downtown, host hotel) and then off to the Polygraph at 2 p.m. After that-- I am going to force myself to do a photo shoot. I have to get some content. Hey- I killed myseld to make it to this show. With all the stress in my life-- I needed a distraction. There are a lot of women competing- Michelle Ivers, Carolyn Bryant to name a few. You just never know what they are looking for. I weighed in at 149#-- which is very light for me. I am usually 154#--for the past 2 years. My upper body is smaller but I am more symmetrical. It seemed -- the bigger I got---the more my legs looked small. So, I had to do something. Finally- My upper body isn't as overpowering.

I am always nervous. I want to do well---it would be a dream to finally get my pro-card. It is even more magical that NYC has been my home for 8 years. It is going to be even more exciting to have friends that have never seen me compete have the opportunity now that the show is in NY. I really am so excited.

I hope this is my year to be blessed. If not-- I am going to press on to the N.American which is just 5 short weeks away and give it one more shot. That show is another exciting opportunity- my parents only live 2 hours away and they are going to go for sure. My mother has been at most of my shows-- sometimes even doing my hair and make-up. So, either way, win or losethis weekend, I have something to shoot for.

I think all the women look amazing. It is all up to the judges. On Aug. 7th-- who has the package that they want? Really- it isn't about someone being better, harder, more symmetrical, etc...............It just depends on what the EYEs of 10 judges have in mind that particular day. I will keep you all posted.


2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Hey girl, you're there. You have worked SOOO HARD to get to this point. Get tons of photos done. Can't wait to see how it all turns out. Stay focused, almost time for FOOOOOOOD!

Amanda

August 6, 2004 at 10:31 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

things are looking pretty positive for colette.... gotta get thru the night show, we shall see! wish i could be there!!!

Amanda

August 7, 2004 at 11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home