Saturday, August 07, 2004

Aug. 7- 2004

It is 2:40 a.m. here in NY. I am home from Manhatten ( about 1 hour drive ) after the Team Universe. What a weekend. Another show where I manage to win the HW title and LOSE the overall. I don't know-- I just can't seem to get it right. I can't seem to bring everything in at the same time ( Legs big enough, Glutes Dialed in, Abs, etc.........). It is so frustrating. Going into the show was a bit of a struggle -- I couldn't seem to get my diet together. My confidence was not at the greatest, coming off of not even placing TOP 15 at the Nationals this past November, it doesn't do much for the ego.

I have learned to take losing in stride. I guess---- leave it up to me to get beat by a LW bodybuilder. I am going to put a lot of show photos on the site--so, please keep checking for updates.

I have made a decision to compete at the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS in SPAIN. I have never been to Europe and I am looking forward to a once in a life time experience. I may never get my Pro-card, but staying in the game and competing is a good thing. I enjoy it-- I love performing and I love to challenge my body. So, here I go again. I have 6 weeks to get BETTER.

I really would like to jump into the N. American--but, It might be too much. I am not sure-- I haven't completely made up my mind.

We will see.

Colette

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

girl... u did amazing. with all the crap going on in your life, i dont know how you pulled it together this much. you did an awesome job and really busted your ass. i saw pics and you looked GREAT. I'm not sure WHY the LW won, i need to see more pics, but from what i've seen i'm pretty shocked, as others were that i've talked to so far. think about the NAs colette. its closer, cheaper and i know you'd have a lot more people there to support you.

think of the big picture. you are a beautiful muscular woman... how many other bbers at your level can say that?? nevermind the fact that not too many other national level/pro bbers could have dialed in as well as you did for this show. its quite impressive.

you've come a long way. you'll realize it soon enough, get over this initial frustration and keep focusing on everything you've accomplished so far. get that positive, motivated attitude back that everyone loves.

call me today.

amanda

August 8, 2004 at 4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home