Friday, May 20, 2005

May 20, 2005

Hello everyone!
TOMORROW is my BIG PRO DEBUT. I have a mixed bag of emotions. I am very excited that the show is in NYC.... that makes it so much easier. I am just relaxing today.. doing the nails, hair, getting my make-up ready, etc.........I just can't believe the big day is tomorrow........FINALLY. It is funny.. all the diet, the preparation, the last minute details all seem so intense and overwhelming, yet, when it is all over it is so sad. For bodybuilders, we love the ritualistic behavior of the whole sport. There is something about the suffering that drives us each day to keep going. Bodybuilding is all about dead no consistency... it sometimes isn't how hard you train, following some magical diet.......but rather your consistency to a plan.

All I know... I am tired. On Wed. I was at the GYM and during my last workout while doing Flat DB presses..... I dropped the 60# on my ring finger on my right hand. I was working at the hospital that day so I got an x-ray and we found that I broke my finger. It was a nightmare. I couldn't even bend it two days ago. We splint it and I have been trying to Ice and bring down the inflammation. I was so worred about posing, my ROUTINE, etc..........Just another thing to worry about. Also- I am doing my own hair and make-up.............that was going to become more of a challenge. I am just so upset about the whole situation. I still can't believe it. But, I am a fighter and I am not about to let a broken finger get me down. I think I just like making my life more difficult.

Regardless... it is going to be sad to see this show come and go. I have put a lot of work into this show and hope that I can bring a more complete package to the table. I don't really know where the judging critera is going and what examples they want to set.........so, we should see at this show. I can only do my best...........I just want to make this fun and enjoy the whole performance aspect of the sport.

Thank you all for sending me emails with support... it really means a lot. I just want you to know that I appreciate all your love and hope that you get a chance to come out and support me tomorrow..Saturday May 21, 2005! The show is being held at the TRIBECCA PERFORMING ARTS CENTER... you can find out more information regarding the NY PRO SHOW at http://www.bevfrancis.com or visit my Publicty section.

If I do not qualify for the OLYMPIA at this show........I will press on to the SW Pro which is in September. Let's just see what happens.............

It should be interesting. Check for updates........I will keep you posted.

My friend Amanda Dunbar and Malea Jensen are here.....so, we are going to try and get a ton of pics tomorrow to put up on the web for you all.

Colette

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home