Saturday, December 25, 2004

Dec. 25, 2004

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!

I am home ( Detroit, MI ) the winter wonderland. I honestly can't believe I made it here. First, I didn't realize that I was leaving from Newark, Airport.....Not Laguardia. This is the difference of a $35 cab ride vs. a $75 cab ride. Nice!!!!!!!! I called every car service in Manhatten, Queens, Brooklyn and New Jersey .......... all booked. This meant..........getting up at 4:30 a.m. and hoping to find a cab to take me to the airport.

Typical....I was running late. I ran downstairs with all my 4 bags of luggage ( christmas gifts you know)...............luckily I found a cab within 10 min. I made it to the airport at 6 a.m. with my flight leaving at 6:45 a.m. The airport was a ZOO. I found out ........Dec. 23 is one of the biggest travel days. I barely made it to the terminal by 6:30 a.m. They were cancelling flights everywhere.........Louiville, Kentucky being one of the first. All flights to OHIO being the second. Detroit was next. A ridiculous snow storm hit the midwest..............great. I was planning on hanging out at the airport all morning............I had a bad feeling about the whole thing.

Then...........they decided to let Detroit GO!!!!!!!!!!! I was a little nervous. The flight was supposed to be 1 hour 20 min............however, it ended up being 2 hours. The weather was horrible. The landing.........I don't even want to talk about it.

Then.....since my mom was a afraid to drive in the weather she has a car service pick me up. We are about 1 hour from the airport............well, it took over 2 hours to get home.

It was already making for a long day. When I finally go home.........around 11 ish........I had something to eat and then took a nap. When I work up...............it was apparent I was stuck. We had no transportation with our drive packed with 12 inches of snow.

My main concern............how was I going to get to the gym? Well.....being that we have a WORLD gym down the block..........I decided to walk it. However, I realized soon enough........I wasn't in Manhattan anymore. My mother dressed me up in a SNOW suit.......Yes, I looked ridiculous. I had on boots 2 sizes to big, a HUGE white snow suit, and a ridiculous FUR hat. But, I didn't care.....I wanted to get to the gym and it was 12 degrees outside.

Then.............there were no side walks. I swear.....I needed snow shoes. I then ended up walking on the ROAD........M-59 to be exact. What happens..............a police officer stops and wants to give me a jay walking ticket..............I plead the PROFESSIONAL BODYBUILDER needing to get to the gym line............and he decides to be in the HOLIDAY SPIRIT and drives me to the gym.

So- the moral of the story--------if you ever find yourself walking in 12 degree weather in a snow suit on the side of a busy highway..............try to get the attention of a fellow officer and claim you are professional bodybuilder struggling to get to the nearest gym. It just might work for you too.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE.

Colette

1 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

LOL........ ONLY YOU COLETTE.... reading this was funny but hearing you actually TELL the story is even more halarious! ha ha.

Amanda

December 28, 2004 at 8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home