Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Sept. 19- 2004

Hello everyone!
I am back from Spain. Wow- what a weekend. I have to say, this was the highlight of my life. I am still in shock. I never thought that I would do well over there in Europe. It has been over 10 years since the USA has brought back a GOLD. And- I was the first to bring back an Overall. It is really incredible. I don't think that I will ever forget this weekend.

I don't even know how to describe the whole experience. It was that amazing. Think of the odds against me. I hate flights ( 7 hours to get there plus 6 hour time difference), they don't like the USA, it was my third show, and I wasn't sure if they were going to have a refridgerator so I boiled 24 eggs and brought cans of tuna. I just thought- let me go out there and do my best. Let's hope for some medal.

Then- THE WEIGH IN. There was a girl from Germany who I thought was very impressive. If she was better conditioned -- she would have won. But- I managed to to pull it off and I was tighter than at the North American. I had striations in my glutes--- I never saw that before. I get so nervous at the weigh in. I am convinced that everyone else looks better than me. There were some very BIG girls-- that is for sure.

Finally- the prejudging. They kept me out there forever. It is very different from the STATES. Each judge gets to call out there top 5. I was out there for at least 8 of the 11 call outs. So- I was exhausted. But- I knew I was doing well and at least made the top 5.

Then- I had to go home shower and reapply the Pro- tan for the next day. Yes- a two day show. That is fun. It makes for a very long Saturday night.

Finally- The big day. We had to arrive at the venue at 8:30 and the show didn't start until 10:30 a.m. of which the opening ceremony lasted over an hour. I didn't even go on stage until 2 pm. I was so tired. It was hard being dehydrated and just sitting there waiting. FINALLY--- the HWs. I did my posing routine ( which they cut to 60 seconds) -- but did the best I could with the time I was allowed. I dazzled them--because they put me over the edge with my scores. It was between me and this women for the CZECH REPUBLIC. She won last year and she was going for it this year. Politcally -- it was in her favor to win. I didn't think it would be possible to beat her-----but, I did it. I was in tears. It was so emotional. I can't even tell you--I will never forget that moment, how it felt, the feelings of complete and total accomplishment and disbelief. It was amazing.

There is so much more to the story. I am exhausted. I have been up for a long time. I have photo shoots today----so, let me get back and rest.

More to come.

THANKS TO ALL MY FANS, FRIEND, FAMILY-----------------for helping me do this. For believing in me.

Colette

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home