Saturday, September 18, 2004

Sept. 17- 2004

Greetings from SPAIN!!!!!!!111

Gene X is here. Steve Weinerstrum is here. It almost feels like home. Ah, Not really. Actually, this is my first contact with the outside world. My phone hasn´t been able to get service and the internet doesn´t work in the room. The hotel has an internet business center and I finally had a moment to keep you all up to speed with what is going on over here.

First- the flight was long, but actually relaxing. I needed the break. I have been running myself into the ground. So- sleeping, chilling and reading for 7 hours wasn´t that bad. Now- on the way back home I am not sure how I am going to feel. Well, if I win, I am going to be feeling very GOOD. We arrive in Spain with a strong team ( Me , Debbie Patten, Vikki Nixen, and two very beautiful figure competitors). It is all very exciting. Once we arrive we had to wait a few minutes for our BUS driver. Then-- you can only imagine the check in process. Already-- the excitement was starting to build. Once we arrived at the hotel you could see all the different countries represented. The uniforms and professionalism was amazing. They take such pride in what they do with sponsored athletes and detail in presentation even outside the competition setting. I must admit- I still want to win. Despite my dream of gaining pro status at the North American, you don´t travel all the way to Spain to place out of the TOP 5. So - I was taking things very seriously. We were told we wouldn´t have refridgerators so I packed 24 hard boilded eggs and low salt tuna along with cooked chicken. Turns out-- we have a refridgerator. That was a big saving grace. The food is served in a HUGE cafeteria still atmosphere. And , believe it or not, the food is dietary and very good. Things are much better than last year, so I here.

Okay-- now on to the show. I wore the Aqua good luck suit from the North American and sure enough it did the trick again. The call outs are very different from the NPC over here in America. Every judge has a chance to call out the top 5. I made about 6 of the 11 judges. So-- it seems I am in the top 5. I am so excited. We are going to see what happens. It is going to be a fight--- but, at least I am in the boxing ring to give it a shot. Prejudging was so grueling. They kept me out there forever. This is only 50% of the score. They judge the posing routine. This is a good thing for me. I am going to have to razzle dazzle them with my choreography. This is so exciting. Maybe I could win..... not because I am the biggest or hardest girl ( because trust me , I am not ) but on overall presentation and package..... I have a shot. I am a touch harder than the North American which was needed to beat these girls. I am finished for today and tomorrow morning I do it all over again ...... this time with my hair down, fancy PINK suit from the Team U , and cool routine that hopefully can win my the title. I am so excited. I have to redo my color- it was a little light. All the europeans use this crazy DREAM tan stuff. I have never seen anything like it. They roll it on with a paint roller. I particularly don´t like it. It bleeds all over your suit and on stage. So--- I am going to stick with my DYO DERM and PRO- TAN combination.

Listen-- I apologize for not being able to email or call anyone. You know who you are... Amanda, Rich, Malea, Parents, Elise, Etc........You all know who you are. But... I will try and update one more time tomorrow.

Wish me luck. I actually have a shot at winning some kind of medal. I am going to give it everything I got.

Be back on Tuesday.


2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

WHERE ARE THE RESULTS, THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!!! SOMEONE HELP!

:) amanda

September 19, 2004 at 11:01 AM  
Blogger Amanda said...

Tim,

Your welcome... and trust me when I say, nobody and I mean NOBODY deserved it more than Colette. She really killed herself to get into shape and be THAT conditioned. She was doing SOOO MUCH CARDIO, lol trust me I know bc thats when she calls, when she's doing cardio, ha ha ha. She's got so much potential, plus being a very beautiful woman, she'll go extremely far.

Now its time to enter the pro ranks. I think its fair to say, probably no other woman has won 2 PRO QUALIFIERS IN ONE YEAR. LOL. It can only be colette. LOL She doesn't win at 3 different shows, then wins 2 overalls in one year for pro cards. Amazing. Her determination was SPOT ON. She really wanted this more than I can tell you.

Great job Colette. You know everyone back here was dying to go. Rich and I wish we could have been there. NEXT TIME, NO DOUBT. :)

amanda

September 19, 2004 at 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home