Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Sept. 14-2004

Hello everyone!
I am leaving for Spain on Wednesday--------after another 2 weeks of dieting. I am ready to do this. I can't wait. I have never been to Europe--- the most international I have been is Canada. This is going to be quite an experience.

Here is the situation. We leave out of Kennedy Airport at 5:15 Wed. evening. The fligth is around 8 hours. Now, this means, packing lots of food and water. I usually am drinking around 3 gallons of water on Wed. So, I am going to have to be prepared. Also- we have to expect no refridgerators in the rooms, another frustration. I am going to bring chicken and gr. beans for the plane and then ( low sodium ) tuna in a can and hard boiled eggs. Those- which I am going to pack in my suitcase. I am going to throw some rice cakes and peanut butter in there -- and that is my diet for the show. I understand that getting DIET type food is going to be a challenge. Let's face it- after a long flight, bus ride to the hotel and an expected LONG check in line...........my chicken isn't going to be looking too good. The food situation is going to be very interesting----------that is for sure.

The one thing that we had to take into consideration- Cell phones and Electricity Conversion. It is going to be difficult without any outside communication. I am going to lose my mind. Still- with international calling 99 cents / minute. And- let's hope I am going to be able to use my labtop.

With that said---------------I really want to do well at the WORLDs. There is no pressure NOW. I just want to place well for the country. It would be such an honor. When Jim Manian asked me if I still wanted to compete in SPAIN, I said, YES. I love competing. This is something that I may never have the opportunity to do again. I have experienced it all-------------competed at USAs, Nationals, Team U, North American and now the WORLD. Who can say they ever did that? It is just amazing.

I will keep you all posted. If I have internet access-- I will update this on Saturday- after prejudging.

Wish me luck.

Colette

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home