Monday, March 05, 2007

March 5, 2007

Hello everyone....

MONDAY morning.... closes the ARNOLD CLASSIC 2007 weekend for me! Wow..... is all I can say! This has to be one of the most exciting, exhausting, never ending, over stimulated weekend of my life. So many ups and downs ... from the weather to circumstances.

I will reiterate what happend to start the weekend off... a Thursday mid-afternoon phone call that my parents were involved in a serious car accident on their way drive from Michigan to Columbus to see me compete. It really scared me... their car was totalled, a few bumbs and bruises.. but thank the lord they were no seriously injured. Cars can be replaced... not my parents.

Friday came and went fast... and I mean FAST. We didn't have to leave for the venue until 11:30 so it was nice to not have to get up at 5 a.m. to start hair/ make-up. But.. when we got there...things rolled. It was clear who the winner would be as soon as we arrived in COLUMBUS.. Iris Kyle. She had an amazing body... enough said. I think she has the stage for many years to come and it is going to be difficult to beat her as she is rarely if ever "off" when she competes. I have never seen her conditioning less then her best.

In knowing she was the clear winner.... everything else was left to the judges. As suspected.. I was last call out and with the level of competitors at this competition, I didn't expect much better. These were the best female bodybuilders in the WORLD and it was evident on that stage. When you remove yourself from the outcome.. which I have done since turning professional, I had one of the best times on stage of my competitive career. The audience was alive and seemed to really embrace my posing routine and even at prejudging I felt the support of my friends and family. That felt so good. I was just there to do my thing... not worrying about where I was going to place. I recognize my place as a female bodybuilder competing in such a competitive arena.

I had a wonderful weekend. I did my best..... I never dieted between Christmas and January / February .. two of the coldest months in New York. It was a learning experience.

What is next... I am not sure. Do I do the Jan Tana in JUNE.. or do I just give my body a much needed rest.

I will make that decision in the next couple of weeks.

In the meantime.... I just want to enjoy.

Thanks for all your support... I have some of the most amazing friends and family.

Colette

3 Comments:

Blogger Ian Roth said...

I am happy to hear that Your Parents are ok Baruch Hashem!

Sounds like The Arnold was a blast aside from a few things.

Ian Roth

March 6, 2007 at 1:17 AM  
Blogger The Man said...

Hey Colette

First want to say I too am glad to hear your parents were able to make it out of the car accident, and I hope they'll have a smooth recovery physically, mentally, and emotionally from the incident.

With your showing at the Arnold I thought you were fabulous as well.

Loved that pigtail hairstyle you sported during your final routine,hope you use that style more in photo shoots.

And your routine was off the hook as usual, and your physique was outstanding.

I was amazed at the size you put on since last year.

And whatever you decide to do for the rest of this year, I'm behind you 100%. Keep going strong girl.

March 7, 2007 at 11:33 AM  
Blogger Zennie said...

Hi,

I lost both my fathers -- biological and step -- in 2005 and mother had breast cancer. She beat it. My prayers to you. I'm glad your parents are fine after that accident!

Z

March 17, 2007 at 7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home