Tuesday, June 09, 2009

June 9, 2009

I was just adding thsi to my blog.... my poor shoulders.... with BOTH THE Right and the Left Labrums TORN.... this looks very promising...


(March 12) -- Scientists may have discovered a treatment that essentially cures osteoarthritis pain, according to the Daily Mail.
The debilitating condition occurs when the cartilage in bone joints wears away, leaving bones to rub painfully together. Inflammation can follow, and that inflammation can trigger the body to release a protein that battles the inflammation -- but also destroys more cartilage.

A second protein helps protect the cartilage, but too often there isn't enough. Now, reported the British paper, doctors can take blood from a patient, grow more of the defensive protein and then inject a serum with the proteins back into the patient's joints. The process is called Orthokine therapy.

Peter Wehling, a former surgeon working on the new therapy, said 75 percent of patients in a recently released study saw improved mobility and less inflammation, the Daily Mail reported.
The process is available in several European countries, including the UK as of this month.
"By the time I was 60, the pain was coming every six weeks and would often leave me struggling to walk for any distance," said one patient.

"Following the treatment, I felt almost instant relief. Within a week I could touch my toes for the first time in years and I could play golf again. I felt as if I had gone back 20 years. The full effect began to wear off about 12 months later, but I haven't needed a top-up yet."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home