Sunday, May 23, 2004

May 23, 2004

I am still in Detroit. It was a very exhausting weekend. I was non-stop yesterday-- at the NPC Michigan BB competition. Let me just tell you- Michigan has a great enthusiastic crowd that supports their fellow bodybuilders. The show was at the Redford Theatre--which is located on Lahser and Grand River. It is a great place to have a bodybuilding show with it OLD theatre style layout. The show was sold out. That is always nice to see for the world of bodybuilding.

I was also helping a girl in Long Island. She placed 1st in HW but, lost the overall. It was unfortunate, but, Tammie placed first in HW but, lost the overall too. It was so frustrating. I really wanted both my girls to win the overall. But, In bodybuilding, there are going to be many more highs and lows. It is just the way it is in this sport. It is important to be a gracious loser and realize that it just wasn't your day to be blessed. But, you shouldn't take away from someone else's glory. I know how it feels to fall short-- especially after losing the USA OVERALL two years in a row. That is a horrible feeling. Trust me! But- you have to pick yourself off the ground and realize that there is always another show. I am very proud of both of my girls.

Detroit brought about some promising new projects. I met my INSPIRATION again, after 10 years. Judy Moshowsky-- the one and only. For all those who followed female BB in the late 80s and early 90s-- this was the woman to beat. She always wished they had a light HW class. It was so hard for her to get down to MW- 132#. She competes at a comfortable 135#. She is only 5'2"-- but, incredibly thick and muscled. I just love her. She is making a come back. She will be competing in the Nationals. I am going to be doing her Website in the next couple of months. I am also going to be doing Tera's website- another BB from Michigan. So - those are two exciting website to come.

I am going be firing up KIM HARRIS's website. So- check out her new all improved members gallery. I will be updating all the content in the middle of the week. So- there is going to be some great content. Remember- she is another bodybuilder who has switched from bodybuilding to Figure. So- it is going to be an interesting transformation. Lot's of cool pictures to come.

Lastly- I am leaving for NYC tomorrow at around 1 p.m. The weather in Michigan was insane. We lost power last night---it was nuts here. I ended up sleeping in until 1 pm. Can you imagine? I never sleep in that late. I must have just been exhausted. I wish I could have motivated myself to get up. I missed the gym. I went there and got in 45 min of cardio- then the gym closed. Can you imagine- the gym closed at 3 pm. Just when I was going to start Hamstrings----------------CLOSED. So- today was my day off. It was that simple.

Finally- I just got an email from Hans. It appears the rumors are true. Wayne Demilla has left the IFBB. It is impacting the sport. The Jan Tana is cancelled. Let the poor women suffer.

To find out more - CLICK HERE

Until this week- Wed. for my online chat--------10 p.m. But, that might change. So- stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home