Friday, May 21, 2004

May 22- 2004

Tonight is the Night Of Champions in NYC and I am in Detroit? What is wrong with this picture? Truthfully- I am really excited about a competitor that I am helping, Tammie Faulkner, she is going to take the OVERALL -- for the MS. MICHIGAN title. Which- if you live in Michigan, you know is a big deal. She won the HW class last year- but lost the overall to the middleweight. HELLO- I can relate to that, after losing two overall's at the USAs.

She mastered my intricate posing routine--- great. I was so happy. In the beginning - I was a little nervous that she wasn't going to be able to pull it off- but, she certainly surprised me.

I am going to post pictures on Tuesday-- when I get back to NYC. You can see the fruits of my labor- I have been working with her for her entire contest preparation.

Today was an interesting day. I went to this POWERHOUSE gym by my house in Waterford, MI. I was actually there yesterday, where I was welcome with open arms as I remembered some of the members and the guy behind the front desk. Everything went smooth- great workout and friendly people.

Ah, what a difference 1 day makes. I went to the gym this morning at 8 a.m. I walked in- as I recognized the guy from yesterday- behind the front desk. All was great in the world of COLETTE. Until- the gym owner ( one of these franchise owners who hates bodybuilders and come to find out, all professional athletes). He hassled my about signing a waiver or liability, paying a daily, and his position on how he doesn't particularity care about bodybuilding or all athletics in general. I asked, just out of curiosity, why he wouldn't extend me the curtsey to train at his gym, being that I am a member of Powerhouse in Long Island, NY and I am only in town to help out some competitors for the MICHIGAN NPC bodybuilding show. He claims that he doesn't even let the Detroit Pistons, Tigers, or Red Wings train for free. He is a greedy gym owner and thinks that I am living in a fantasy world to think that he should let me train at his gym for free. Anyway--I didn't want to cause any problems- just felt slighted that he would take all this time to explain his position on how he feels about bodybuilders and athletics in general. I finished my cardio and had all intentions of paying the daily- but, would you believe they made me pay for the previous day too. So- $25.00 later they allowed me to use the gym. Can you imagine. Sure- I had no problem paying for today- but, to make me pay for yesterday- it was just rude.

You know- I understand that everyone needs to make money. I shouldn't expect anything for free. It really wasn't about that. My picture is on the wall- I have been nothing but friendly in their gym. I know all the employees and members. Everytime I come in from out of town- it used to be nice to train there- to see people I haven't seen in a while. But- from now on - I am going to train at the WORLD gym also near my house. My long time friend- TOM BOSS owns the gym. I should have just gone there in the first place.

What is the moral of the story. Nothing in this life is for FREE. It doesn't matter who you are- or even who you know-- you still have to pay your daily fee at the POWERHOUSE gym in Waterford, MI.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home