Tuesday, June 23, 2009

How can we stop the obese from becoming more obese? Pretty simple. Stop feeding them. Think about the other common self-destructive human behaviors. On a commercial airplane, in a saloon, or at a professional sports event, if the customer is deemed to be drunk, the keepers of the booze key will lock the cabinet. If a person drives a car at a dangerous speed, the driver is subject to substantial penalties. For young persons known to be at high risk for early chemical addictions, society tries to prevent exposure to the addicting drugs. Overeating with underexercising is now killing more Americans than anything else except tobacco addiction. Yet, an obese person enters an eating joint, or a supermarket, and buys and eats any and everything he or she wants, and nobody seems to care. Does that make any sense to you? Meanwhile, Big Science strives to understand why people get fat; Big Genetics searches for the obesity gene so that stem cells could correct the flaw; Big Surgery lines up the morbidly obese to shunt their stomachs; Big Pharma seeks the next weight-loss pill that will help more people than it kills; Big Nutrition hawks the newest sure-thing, weight-loss diet; Big Fast Food pushes "healthy food" lines right next to their billion dollar unhealthy food lines; Big Soda and Big School Boards share the profit from drowning kids with calories from vending machines; and Big Exercise pushes group rates for aerobics class. Money made by so many special interests. All this while the simple answer is to stop eating; stop feeding the obese until they are no longer obese. Of course, that may be hard to do, and who makes any money that way? Fat chance for this crazy idea to go anywhere.

7 Comments:

Blogger COLOSSAL HEARTS said...

DEEDEE I understand what You have meant in your post "Will you dance with me?" I am telling the truth-'I have learnt and do my work in the present.'From now MY DEAR RESPECTED DEEDEE I will never procast my work for the future.
With Regards
To My Elder Sis
Abhi

June 25, 2009 at 7:18 AM  
Blogger COLOSSAL HEARTS said...

AT TIMES I AM ERRONEOUS. BUT I BET I HAVE TAKEN CONTROL OVER MYSELF.I WILL NEVER NEVER NEVER AGAIN PROCAST.

June 25, 2009 at 7:21 AM  
Blogger Me said...

FOOD is not illegal, but most of the other things you mentioned are; drunk flying, speeding, drugs, etc. What they need to do is ban all "inner-aisle" foods in the USA markets and fast food chains should only carry grilled chicken or salads (eg. a more restricted El Pollo Loco version). We should resort back to the third-world countrys' open-air markets where only produce and meat is available!

July 6, 2009 at 12:52 PM  
Blogger blog for steveLi said...

AT TIMES I AM ERRONEOUS. BUT I BET I HAVE TAKEN CONTROL OVER MYSELF.I WILL NEVER NEVER NEVER AGAIN PROCAST.3g cell phone

April 17, 2010 at 1:23 AM  
Blogger mike said...

I truly learned about many of this, but never the less, I still thought it was beneficial. Good task.. mt security systems

May 16, 2012 at 9:30 AM  
Blogger mike said...

I truly learned about many of this, but never the less, I still thought it was beneficial. Good task.. idaho divorce

May 16, 2012 at 9:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks to this great herbal doctor who cured me of LUPUS DISEASE his name is Dr. Iyabiye. I suffered LUPUS for over 12 years with pains like: Achy joints, Skin rash, Pain in the chest, swollen joints and many more. The anti-inflammatory drugs couldn’t help, until I read about his recommendation 4 months ago, I contacted him and he administered his medication on me and I was confirmed cured and free at the hospital after taken his medication. You too can be cured if interested. Contacts: iyabiyehealinghome@gmail.com
(+2348072229413 / +2348158577300)

September 7, 2019 at 2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home